Visawise Consultants assist applicants to obtain UK marriage visa or a spouse visa to be for the United Kingdom. Rules and regulations set by the authorities’ state that the couple looking to marry must be off the age 18 and over.
Marriage Visit Visa is dedicated for those non-European nationals who would like to come to the UK to get married or register civil partnership. This visa allows all applicants to stay in the country for up to 6 months’ time.
The UK Spouse/Marriage visa category enables a husband, wife or civil partner of a British national or a person who is settled in the UK to apply for leave to enter, or leave to remain in the country.
The spouse/civil partner must apply for an entry clearance before travelling to the UK. Entry clearance visas are issued for an initial 33 month period and can be extended for a further period of 30 months. Children of the marriage/partnership who are under 18 years of age are granted entry to the UK as dependants in line with the main applicant.
After lawfullly remaining in the UK for four years and 11 months under the spouse/marriage visa category, the spouse/civil partner of a British citizen will be eligible to apply for settlement (ILR) in the UK.
After obtaining the settlement or ILR status and having spent a total period of three years in the country, the spouse and civil partner of a British citizen might be eligible to apply for a British passport under the 1981 British Nationality Act.
In order to apply applicants must meet certain requirements:
- Must be over 18,
- Intend to get married or register civil partnership,
- Be financially self-sufficient for the time of stay.
- Applicants may be required to provide a proof of arrangements for their wedding or civil partnership ceremony in the UK.
- Once the visa has been granted, the applicant can take up employment straight away
- No restrictions upon the type of employment they start and no provisions need to be taken for a work permit.
- Both parties must have met physically and can evidence
- Must show proof that they can live together
- English Language Test
- Must meet financial requirement (an income of at least £18600 or £22400 if sponsoring a child)
UK Marriage Visa / UK Spouse Visa – Duration
Once the applicant has received the UK Marriage visa / UK spouse Visa it will be issued for two years and six months, and is extendable upon expiry. It is extended for up to 5 years, whereupon the Non EEA National will be eligible for indefinite Leave to Remain.
Call our experts today for a free initial assessment, Call our experts on +92-3444460000 and discuss your options in more detail.